Some qualifications include:
- Must be between the ages of 21-44
- Must have a BMI under 35.
- Must be non-smoker and must not use drugs.
- Must live in California, Nevada, Texas, Colorado, Florida or Oregon
- Must have had at least one easy pregnancy with no complications.
- Must not be receiving any type of government assistance.
You must be amenable to carrying twins, as multiples are very common with this process. Because of the high percentage of multiple pregnancies, Surrogates must also be willing to undergo selective reduction.
While woman are able to carry twins without complications, anything more than that can be dangerous to both the fetuses and the carrier. The decision to selectively reduce is not taken lightly and is carefully deliberated by the physician and parents.